- born in France to a mother who wanted a boy. The mother did not love her.
- a feminist and a became a Buddhist while in France.
- an opera singer with some success
- married, even though she professed never to do so, she left not long after her marriage she left to travel Asia.
- fluent in Tibetan
- divorced after her many years in Asia.
- Although Wikipedia and another French site says that Alexandra was born in 1868, I read in her book that she was 100 years old in 1967 and a close friend of hers said she died at 101.
- She was married and although she appeared to be born as a woman with means, her husband paid for her travels. I wondered if she brought money into the relationship and in some ways, that money would have been hers anyway. I also wonder if she was now a married woman, was it easier for her to travel even if it was without her husband.
- She was one of the inspirations of photographer Masha Norby.